FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Ray Ruga
+1 (305) 310-6425
GLOBAL LEADERS TO CONVENE AT THE 8th WORLD STRATEGIC FORUM IN MIAMI
The Two-Day Conference will focus on Global Economy, Finance, Innovation, Energy, Trade and Sustainable Development
MIAMI, FLORIDA (March 21, 2018) – The World Strategic Forum returns to Miami, Florida on April 16 and 17, 2018 under the theme “Leading an Era of Change.” Now in its eighth year, the Conference will gather over 1,400 participants and 90 speakers at the Biltmore Hotel to address the issues, opportunities and challenges facing world leaders in today’s dynamic and disruptive global environment.
The two-day conference, which is an initiative of the International Economic Forum of the Americas and presented by Miami Dade College, seeks to create global engagement and dialogue on the issues driving political, economic and social change throughout the world. Included among the topics to be discussed at this year’s Conference are: Blockchain & the Future of Finance; Robots, Advanced Manufacturing and the Future of Work; and The Impact of Artificial Intelligence among many others.
“In today’s fast moving, disruptive political, social and economic environments, it is more important than ever for political and business leaders, entrepreneurs and thinkers to come together to discuss the trends driving the global economy and provide insights and understanding in order to create bridges of opportunities during this era of change,” said Nicholas Rémillard, president, and CEO of the International Economic Forum of the Americas and the World Strategic Forum. “This year, the Forum is more important and relevant than ever as we confront the high-speed change coming at all of us and the challenges and opportunities we face as a global community in the eclectic city of Miami.”
Some of the confirmed speakers for the event include:
MONDAY, APRIL 16TH – TOPICS INCLUDE: GLOBAL ECONOMIC OUTLOOK, BLOCKCHAIN & THE FUTURE OF FINANCE, AND EDUCATION & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- Nando Cesarone, President UPS International
- Robert Kaplan, President and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Luis Alberto Moreno, President, Inter-America Development Bank
- Rebeca Grynspan, Secretary General, Ibero American Conference (SEGIB)
- Arnold Donald, CEO, Carnival Corporation &plc
- Ana Teresa Lehmann, Secretary of State of Industry, Portugal
- Craig D’Souza, Head of Global Security Investigations & Protective Intelligence, Facebook
- Rachel Haurwitz, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Caribou Biosciences
- Eduardo J. Padron, President, Miami Dade College and Recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Julio Frenk, President, University of Miami
- Anthony Di Iorio, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Decentral and Jaxx; and Co-Founder, Ethereum.
- Andres Wolberg-Stok, Global Head of Policy, Citi Fintech
TUESDAY, APRIL 17TH – TOPICS INCLUDE: SMART INFRASTRUCTURE & THE CITIES OF TOMORROW, GLOBAL REAL ESTATE: RESPONDING TO CLIMATE CHANGE, ROBOTS, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & THE FUTURE OF WORK
- Luis Almagro Lemes, Secretary General, Organization of American States (OAS)
- Bob Bennett, Chief Innovation Officer, Kansas City
- Sameer Sharma, General Manager, Smart Cities, Intel
- José Antonio Miranda, Chief Executive Officer, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
- Anja-Isabel Dotzenrath, Chief Executive Officer, E.ON Climate & Renewables
- Juan Carlos Navarro, Chief Executive Officer, NSolar
- Robert Richards, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Moon Express
- Jim Cantrell, Chief Executive Officer, Vector Launch
- Zare Baghdasarian, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Avata Intelligence
- Kaijen Hsiao, Chief Technology Officer, Mayfield Robotics
- Rodolphe Gelin, Chief Scientific Officer, Softbank Robotics
- Robert Asselin, Senior Director, Public Policy, Blackberry
For a complete roster of confirmed speakers and updates to the list, please visit http://forum-americas.org/miami/2018-edition/speakers/
About the World Strategic Forum
The Miami World Strategic Forum is presented by the International Economic Forum of
the Americas (IEFA). Its mission is to address the major governance challenges of the new world economic order.
The objective of the World Strategic Forum is to foster a better understanding of opportunities and challenges at stake in the Global Market. The Forum also seeks to provide a platform for business meetings in a broad spectrum of sectors and to foster sustainable economic development.
For more information about the World Strategic Forum, please visit http://forum-americas.org/miami.
Domestic and foreign journalists are invited to cover the entire proceedings of the World Strategic Forum. To attend the event, journalists, photographers, and media technical staff must register by contacting Ray Ruga at email@example.com, or +1 (305) 310-6425, by Friday, April 13, 2018.