||REGISTRATION AND BADGE PICKUP
|9:00 - 9:30
||INAUGURAL SESSION OF THE CONFERENCE
RESHAPING GLOBALIZATION, MASTERING CHANGE
- Ángel Gurría, Secretary-General, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD); and Honorary President, The Conference of Paris
- Gérard Mestrallet, Chairman, SUEZ; and Honorary Chairman, ENGIE; and Co-Chair, The Conference of Paris
- Nicholas Rémillard, President and CEO, International Economic Forum of the Americas (IEFA)
|9:30 - 10:45
||OPENING PLENARY SESSION
A GLOBAL ECONOMY IN TRANSITION
Despite uncertainties, macroeconomic outlooks remain optimistic, which creates a positive momentum to address ongoing challenges that the global economy is faced with. Why has the economic recovery remained uneven across regions and what can we do about it? How can we turn growth prospects into higher levels of investment and productivity, which have stalled over the past few years? How can we make inclusive growth a global reality?
- Martin Sorrell, Executive Chairman, S4 Capital
- Brune Poirson, Minister of State, attached to the Ministre d'État, Minister for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition, France
- Franck Petitgas, Head of International Investment Banking, Morgan Stanley
- Jane Buchan, CEO, Pacific Alternative Asset Management Company (PAAMCO)
- Laurence Boone, Chief Economist, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
|10:45 - 11:45
FACING A NEW GEOPOLITICAL MAP
WHAT RED LINES AGAINST THE POPULIST TREND?
Unpredictable geopolitical risks occur regularly, ranging from civil unrest in the Middle East or Sub-Saharan Africa to trade tensions, nuclear proliferation, natural disasters and more. To what extent have these risks contributed to a trend of national and populist retrenchments? Are we witnessing a reconfiguration of alliances towards a new great powers competition? What are the economic consequences of these geopolitical realignments?
- Jacques Attali, Economist, Writer, Honorary Member of the Council of State, and CEO, A&A
- Shaukat Aziz, Prime Minister of Pakistan (2004-2007); Member of the Advisory Board, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB); and International Adviser, China Investment Corporation (CIC)
TRANSATLANTIC RELATIONS: TOWARDS MORE DIVERGENCE?
From eliminating tariffs, non-tariff trade barriers and subsidies, to the United States withdrawing from the Iran nuclear deal, recent months have seen transatlantic relations being put to the test from both sides of the Atlantic. Bearing in mind the many fundamentals issues that currently oppose the United States, Canada and Europe, what solutions can be considered to settle these disputes? What future can be forecasted in terms of trade negations between European countries, Canada and the United States? To what extent these trade and political disputes from both sides of the Atlantic currently affect business operations and economic stability?
Jean-Dominique Sénard, CEO and Managing General Partner, Michelin
Monique F. Leroux, Chair of the Board, Investissement Québec; President, International Cooperative Alliance (ICA); and Vice Chairman and Strategic Advisor, Fiera Capital
|11:45 - 1:00
In collaboration with the International Institute of Economic Diplomacy (IIED)
TOWARD A NEW CAPITALISM: FOSTERING INCLUSIVENESS
The digital revolution and technological disruptions have significantly changed the nature of capitalism. How can we adapt to new forms of labour organization characterized by automation, contracting or outsourcing? Is there a risk that this new capitalism will engender greater social inequality? What investment strategies are needed to foster inclusiveness in the modern economy?
- Enrico Letta, Dean, Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA), Sciences Po Paris; President, Jacques Delors Institute; and Prime Minister of Italy (2013-2014)
- Hubertus Väth, CEO, Frankfurt Main Finance
- Gabriela Ramos, Chief of Staff and Sherpa to the G20, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Stavros Yiannouka, CEO, World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE)
- Frank L. Holder, Managing Director, Berkeley Research Group
- Chiara Corazza, Managing Director, Women’s Forum for the Economy & Society
- Olivier Marchal, Chairman, Bain & Company France
|11:45 - 1:00
In collaboration with the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF)
AFRICA : THE NEW TECH CONTINENT
In 2017, investment in tech start-ups across the African continent grew by more than 50% compared to 2016, reaching an all-time high. How can we promote greater local investments in the African tech sector? What obstacles remain in terms of infrastructures or access to technologies on the continent? How should governments accompany these investments when it comes to education policies and human capital?
Michaëlle Jean, Secretary General, Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF)
- Jean-Michel Severino, Chief Executive Officer, Investisseurs & Partenaires
- Eric Leandri, Co-Founder and President, Qwant
|1:00 - 3:00
If innovation is a key development and success metric for large companies and start-ups alike when it comes to market competitiveness, the ability to embrace change is also an important element to take into consideration.
What role innovation will play in the future with regards to the development of new ways of communication and production? How to truly create a space ripe for innovation inside companies? How can innovation be the key to building long term resilience?
- Isabelle Kocher, CEO, ENGIE
- Jean-Charles Samuelian, Co-Founder and CEO, Alan
David Barroux, Editor-in-Chief, Les Échos
Paul Desmarais Jr., Chairman and Co-CEO, Power Corporation of Canada (PCC); and Co-Chair, The Conference of Paris
|3:00 - 3:15
| 3:15 - 4:30
HOW TO BUILD BETTER CITIES?
By 2030, the urban population in the world will amount to 5 billion people – a 40% increase compared to today.
While urbanization and economic growth have been positively linked in the past, how can we create the conditions for a sustainable urban economic development? What are the main present and future challenges of urbanization in terms of transportation and infrastructures? How and when to use private capital in infrastructure projects?
Zorana Z. Mihajlović, Deputy Prime Minister, and Minister of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure, Serbia
- Catherine Guillouard, Chairwoman and CEO, RATP Group
- Federico Gutiérrez Zuluaga, Mayor of Medellín, Colombia
- Jean-Louis Chaussade, CEO, SUEZ
- Gregory J. Smith, President and CEO, InstarAGF Asset Management; and Executive Chairman, Nieuport Aviation Infrastructure Partners
- Jürgen Gerke, CEO, Allianz Capital Partners
Lamia Kamal-Chaoui, Director, Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
|4:30 - 5:15
A NEW ERA OF VOLATILITY
Since the 1970s, one major financial crisis has occurred every decade or so, which prompts worries that we are nearing the next one. How effective are the mechanisms that have been put in place after the Great Recession to prevent us against a future financial shock? Should we be concerned about increasing credit risks in the context of tightening monetary policies? What financial imbalances remain and what can we do about them?
TEN YEARS AFTER THE CRASH: IS FINANCIAL STABILITY A SURE THING?
François Villeroy de Galhau, Governor, Bank of France
OUTLOOK FOR THE FINANCIAL MARKETS: THREATS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Tidjane Thiam, CEO, Credit Suisse
Bernard Spitz, President, French Insurance Federation; and President, International and Europe, Mouvement des entreprises de France (MEDEF)
| 5:15 - 6:30
THE DIGITAL REVOLUTION: WHAT IMPACTS FOR THE GLOBAL ECONOMY?
With 4 billion Internet users worldwide – more than 50% of the global population – forecasts agree that the benefits of the digital revolution are expanding quickly. What are the main features of this IT-enabled global productivity growth? How can we manage the risks associated with technological disruption in the job market? What does it take to make this digital revolution truly inclusive?
- Stéphane Richard, Chairman and CEO, Orange
- Geoffroy Roux de Bézieux, President, Mouvement des entreprises de France (MEDEF)
- Serpil Timuray, Chief Commercial Operations and Strategy Officer, Vodafone
- Adrian McDonald, President, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Dell
- Andrew Wyckoff, Director, Directorate for Science, Technology and Innovation, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Hedwige Chevrillon, Journalist and Anchor, BFM TV