Program 2018: RESHAPING GLOBALIZATION – MASTERING CHANGE!
Organized by the International Economic Forum of the Americas – the “Forum” –, the 2nd edition of the Conference of Paris will take place on October 2nd & 3rd at the OECD Conference Centre. Created in 1995 in Canada, the Forum aims to establish dialogue times between the most influential leaders of the economic world – CEOs, experts, NGOs and public stakeholders – to rethink globalization. This renowned organization gathers close to 10.000 participants and more than 485 speakers within the scope of 4 annual conferences in Montréal, Toronto, Miami and Paris.
The 2nd edition of the Conference of Paris is co-chaired by Gérard Mestrallet, Chairman of Suez, and by Paul Desmarais Jr, Chairman and co-Chief Executive Officer of Power Corporation of Canada (PCC). The 2018 edition will receive more than 70 prestigious international speakers.
A permanent dialogue to reassess globalization
The Forum has a distinctive feature: designed for company directors, it seeks to encourage concrete initiatives. The latest was the creation of the 1st International Institute of Economic Diplomacy in 2017 as the result of a partnership between HEC Montréal, Science Po Paris university and prestigious American and South-Korean colleges. The Institute offers specific and innovative training in economic diplomacy.
Nicholas Rémillard, President and CEO of the Forum, explains: “The digital/tech revolution in the communications field, as well as the energy & sustainability revolution, are driving the 4th industrial revolution which urges us into changing our way of thinking and our behaviors substantially. The mission of the International Economic Forum of the Americas and the Conference of Paris is to foster dialogue on these challenges that strongly affect all peoples and all governments on the planet today.”
+ KEY ISSUES OF THE CONFERENCE OF PARIS 2018
“Reshaping Globalization – Mastering Change”
Facing a new geopolitical map
- What red lines against the populist trend?
- Transatlantic relations: towards more divergence?
- Toward a new capitalism: fostering inclusiveness
- Is innovation a construction key on the long-term?
- The future of energy: revolution or evolution?
- How to build better cities?
A new era of volatility
- 10 years after the crash: is financial stability a sure thing?
- What may cause the next financial crisis?
- Does globalization require the regulation of tax competition?
- Beyond trade wars: from free trade to fair trade
+ ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
THE CONFERENCE OF PARIS 2018
- Founded in 2017, it aims to integrate Europe into the Forum’s reflection on globalization by giving an overview of its role and assets i.e. the success of COP21 in Paris, the strong European commitment towards sustainability, the influence of Europe in international trade and the significance of French as a shared language in the exchanges between North and South.
- 2 days of debates for the 2nd edition of the Conference of Paris
- 70 prestigious speakers from all over the world
- More than 45 nationalities represented
- More than 18 conferences / round-table discussions
- More than 1.200 expected participants at the Conference of Paris
- 1995: Creation of the International Economic Forum of the Americas by Gil Rémillard, Public Law professor and Canadian politican. The Forum was founded by company directors with a strong orientation towards international and willing to understand and reshape globalization. The goal of the organization is to foster the understanding of high economic stakes in relation with the Americas. It gathers major stakeholders to discuss and reassess globalization.
- 4 annual conferences: Montréal, Toronto, Miami, Paris
- More than 485 speakers
- More than 10.000 participants
Discover the whole program and register here:
Press contacts: Allison+Partners
Yann Le Flohic – +33 6 81 24 32 51 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Isabelle Dejeux – +33 6 08 16 91 28 – email@example.com